To begin this new year, I want to share with you all my goals and challenges I will face in 2016. This is more than a simple “Happy New Year” message to all my contacts and readers. I want to share with you in the same manner as I did in 2015 results post. You will find below that I am sharing with you many details about my business and my personal roadmap for 2016.
( If you haven’t get the opportunity to check out my 2015 results post here is the link : http://outoftech.com/goodbye-2015-ive-learned-lot/ )
Why share my goals with everyone?
This is more to me than just sharing my goals with you. It is also a way for me to put myself out there as an example of how I define personal and/or startup goals and the roadmap that is deeply aligned with my culture, believes, mindset and vision.
This also presents a great opportunity for us to get to know each other on a deeper level and show you how I work to achieve these goals. Startups share their roadmap with customers because it shows exactly where they want to go and the future services they are going to offer to them. Many roadmaps also go deeper to share the meaning behind their vision of their business.
It all starts with you
Setting goals isn’t enough, you and your team need to believe not only in the goals but in each other’s ability to work together to achieve them as well. So, before you begin sharing your goals and vision be sure that the goals are aligned with your own mindset, personal goals and believes. When it is time you share them with everyone they will hear and see you that you believe in them. This will also provide motivation to your team. If you are not committed 100% to the goals how can you expect your team to be?
- Why do you do what you do?
- What makes you want to jump up and attack the morning/what excites you?
Before writing down goals and the required steps, it’s very important to write down and define your key values.
So again, ask yourself:
- Why are you at this point in your life?
- What makes you happy?
Here are a few examples from my personal journal
My key values are:
What makes me happy :
- Being helpful to others
- Learning new things
- Sharing best practices and knowledge
- Challenging myself while getting out of my comfort zone
- Sports, Martial arts, yoga and meditation
Now let’s set goals for 2016…
Are your goals aligned with your long term vision?
If you have visited my blog recently you might notice that I’m passionate about startups, creativity and building projects. Helping build a startup is an amazing and exciting job that is well aligned with my personal keys values (Transparency, Helpfulness, Pragmatism, Honesty, Discovering/Learning, Excellency, Perspicacity). I need to challenge myself with goals that are aligned with the above values, I also need to go further, to continue to improve the way I work and to provide more and more value to more and more startups.
To achieve this, I have 3 main long term goals:
- I’d like to develop relationships with Venture Capitalists. I am already performing technical and 360° audits to provide insight on how a tech startup is currently functioning and how they will be able to scale-up rapidly through technical solutions and proper management. This auditing in addition to my mentoring skills will be very useful for an investment company to utilize for providing additional security to protect their return on investment.
- I’m focusing on completing more international projects. I already have clients and business contacts abroad. In the near future I will be arranging to pursue more opportunities for me to work outside of Europe. During this time, I will continue to keep working with new local clients here in France.
- 24 hours per day is not enough time to help as many startups as I have wanted. So, I’m currently exploring building an online business component to be able to help even more startups than my time currently allows.
Breaking down the big picture into smaller steps
When we define long term goals based on who we are we also need to define logical steps and break them down into smaller projects to reach our long term goals. Especially when the long term goals are ambitious (as they should be). Hereafter my smaller steps, goals and decisions I have made to make 2016 the best year ever.
- Building a new website more updated with my business goals and by the way improving traffic conversion
- Having a real optimized contact management system with simple and automatic input of qualified contacts and adapted workflow
- Doing my first conference abroad where English is the primary language.
- Building practical early stage training programs to help entrepreneurs and CTOs to be more efficient in building and growing startups.
- Doing my first Webinar and trying out a Blab around building startup topic.
- Starting a new Podcast about Entrepreneurship (In English)
- Begin writing a book: “CTO guidebook for growing Startup” This goal is a huge one, but I love writing and it makes perfect sense to me to write that book.
- Sharing at least one article every fortnight with management, business and technical advices for startups.
Deciding to be more effective
I enjoy the quote: “Your achievement is proportional to your ability to say no to tasks”.
If I want to move efficiently and accomplish all my goals I will need to stop writing my articles in French. This is a challenge as most of my current clients are French but they speak English as a second language. Because one of my goals to work more internationally I will use English only thus allowing me to share twice as much of my knowledge by saving the time by not doing one post in two languages but two posts in one language.
Let’s Do it!
I’d like to end this post by simply saying Thank you! For sticking it out until the end and above all I wish you a wonderful 2016 with lots of excitement, happiness, health and success. As usual, feel free to share your thoughts about my goals and my process to defined them.
Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any knowledge that can help me or even better if I can help you achieve your goals, I will be more than happy to contribute to your success… so feel free to contact me and share your goals.